Friday 15 November 2013

Print Info Pack Research

Print Pack Research;

Pack/Kit/Packaging;
Source
The simple illustrations used in this publications work really well and keep the publication clear and to the point. The pack that this publication is in is very appropriate for the subject matter, and this is something that I need to consider when creating my print pack, I need the packaging to be appropriate for the publications, the audience and the subject matter.

Source
When looking into my print pack I could look at making multiple things such as a publication and posters and tip cards, tying them all together with string and putting them in an envelope. Although this is a good idea it would work well if I were distributing my pack to students in a freshers pack as it would have a low production cost.

Source
This self promotion kit is playing off the idea of a designer coming to someones rescue, this is something I could think about when producing my pack, look into using puns or having a quirky tone of voice. 

Source
For my information pack I am looking into making multiple publications, having a different coloured cover for each book could be a good idea as each one would stand out from the others, they would be easier to find in the pack if they were all different colours, which is something I want to do in my design.

Source
Having packaging for my publications so that they stay together is important, this is a good way of holding them together. Having them DVD size and in a case like this (a DVD boxset) is appropriate for my target audience as they are students, and therefore are likely to have dvd's and boxsets, therefore will have a place to store my print pack as they will be the right sizes.

Source
The packaging for this publication is very aesthetically pleasing, and is something that would be appropriate for my audience, it could work in the same way that I could make it the size of DVD's so that there is somewhere to put them. The colours used in this design work really well together, the pastels work with the brown cover/packaging.

Publications;
Source
This is a publication designed to highlight the 2009 TED Wish Prize Winner, Jehane Noujaim, designed by Tanya Test. This 'Shift Publication' uses minimal colour, 2/3 plus stock to show off Jehane Noujaim's work, which makes the design very effective and clear. Using minimal colours means that the design will be more defined and focused, which is something I am looking to do when creating my Design for Print pack, therefore I will be using minimal colour palette.

Source
This is an example of a small book layout by Yanting Chen. I like the way that the publication shows the shoe on one side of the page and on the other side it shows an example of the footprint. This will influence my design as I like the way that one thing can be described on one page then the facing page shows an example, this means that the audience will really understand the information.

Source
This publication by Luciana Ruivo also allows there to be a space for an example of the product, so that there is an image on the first page, then the facing page has examples of the product, showing the colour range and a description of each product. This is a good way of presenting information such as, colours, stocks, binding methods e.t.c.

Source
The binding method used for this publication allows the book to open flat which helps the audience read and see the aesthetics in the publication. This is something I need to consider when I am designing my publications, the binding method I am going to use, what will be appropriate for my audience and design.

Source
Information graphics are a good way of showing the different methods of binding and print methods, as my publications are going to be about considerations for printing, what works best for what, info graphics are a good way to do this. I like this design because of the use of colour, 3 colours plus stock, this works really well with information graphics as it allows the design to be clear and to the point.

Source
Using acetate as a cover for a publication is a good idea as it allows the audience to see the publication through the cover, it also lets the designer add whatever they want to a design without ruining it, as they can just remove the acetate. Using acetate can also give the designer the ability to use one image and show a different one through the acetate, this can be done by using shapes to mask a certain part of the design, or add to the design to make it into something its not. I will consider using acetate/true grain/trace in my design.

Source
This publication about Shaun White is very appropriate for the audience, also in the actual publication the grids used allow the illustration, which looks similar to a snowboard, occupies the same space on the page as the information on the facing page. In my publications I want to have a clear grid system throughout all of my publications to keep it consistent.

Source
Tabs allow the reader to get to a certain page easier as it is clearer to find, therefore this could be useful for me, as I could make one publication with the six different sections in it as tabs, or could give each of my publication tabs so that it is more specific.

Source
The simple vector illustrations make this design work really well, also what I like about this publication is that each section has a different colour. This could keep going throughout the publication so each of the six sections could have a different colour, or each of the subjects I am talking about. This will influence my design, as if I keep each topic as having the same colour range, this will be easier for the audience to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment