Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tigerprint Research

Initial Research;
The Tigerprint brief is to create hand drawn type for different occasion, I have decided to go for Valentines day, therefore I will be looking into Valentines day cards.

Source
The colours used in this could be aimed for men or women. Although the illustration is quite feminine. The type used in this is very minimal and works well with the illustration, it is also embossed which gives the card a higher quality look.

Source
These screen printed cards are also using colours that are directed to both males and females, blue and pink. I think that the screen printed method makes the greetings card feel as if it is more unique and one of a kind, which will make the receiver of the card feel good. The stock for the cards make them seem more subtle rather than being in your face, this is something that works really well.

Source
The simplicity of this Valentines card is what I find most appealing. Black and gold together is sometimes seen as being prestigious and of quality. The black stock makes the gold heart the center of the image without it looking too empty. This is the kind of thing I am going to try and do with my cards, keep them simple, maybe try using a black background and see how it looks.

Source
Black and white again is not the stereotypical colour for valentines cars, but it works well and makes the cards look less feminine which is good as they are targeted towards men as well as women. This design includes what looks to be hand drawn type in it, which is something that I will need to do for this brief.

Source
Using animals on valentines cards also works really well especially cute animals as it attracts people to buy the cards. I am limited to the format of my card as I cant change the size or the shape, although something like this can still be done, I need to consider how I can do something a bit different and stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment