Wednesday 1 January 2014

100 - Stationery Research

Stationery Sets.
Source
What I really like about this stationery set design is the consistency throughout without being too over the top. The colours work really well together and compliment each other, balancing the pink out with blue and white is also very successful. The target audience for this set is most likely a girl who likes to have her time organised, or wants to have her time organised, I would say that it is for a girl because of the colours and patterns used in it.
Source
Individual envelopes, these are something I want to look into creating, small notepaper with envelopes that go with them, each being quite bespoke and one of a kind.

Source
Although this stationery set doesn't have a big impact with the colours it has used, I really like them, I think that they are very subtle and compliment each other greatly. This has a good balance of illustration and patterns, although I don't think that it particularly works as a set very well. This is something I will bare in mind when I'm designing my work, make sure that they all work well as a set, and look like a set.
Source
This stationery set I would say is directed towards a middle aged to older women, the simple design allows the set to be classy, but a bit too much when they are all placed together, I think that this could have been designing better if it would have used less of the pattern as it is quite harsh.

Source
I have found that throughout all of these stationery sets, they all follow the same colours and tone of voices. This is something that I intend to do when designing my stationery sets, I want them to be consistent, colourful and creative.

Notebooks.
To start my stationery set off, I am going to make a set of notebooks, the notebooks for my Penguin collection are going to have little Penguins waddling across the bottom of my notebooks, but I can't think of how I am going to create the cover, so I thought that I would research different notebook covers.
Source
Source
Simple illustrations would be very aesthetically pleasing on my notebooks, just as they are on these examples. Sometimes you only need one colour print with a simple illustration to make to notebook speak volumes. This is definitely something I am going to consider when designing the cover of my notebooks.

Source
Source
I think that the notebooks with felt on the front of them work really well, and look very aesthetically pleasing, it will also give the audience a tactile affect when they touch it. This is something that will influence my design. In this design it looks really effective, depending on how it looks with Penguins, I may use felt on my notebooks.

Source
The simple saddle stitched notebook, with a basic pattern on the front of it creates an effortless effect, showing the elegance of the notebooks through the minimal design. This is also something I well bare in mind for the future as these are notebooks that I would definitely buy.
Source
Creating vector based illustrations for the front of my notebooks could also be the way to go, as this shows how good it can look. I'm not sure whether these are digitally printed or paper cut and stuck onto the front, but either way it looks really effective. Looking into doing some paper cutting could also be a good way to go with my notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment