Monday 6 May 2013

Evaluation



BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD401               


 Module Title
Context of Practice 1






END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME




1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

What I have learnt through this module is to thoroughly research my subject matter, so that I can say I’m an expert on the subject. This makes the design process a lot easier as I found that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the designs for Cadbury’s after I had researched it thoroughly, as I knew what they had done previously and what they hadn’t done before but is appropriate.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

The methods which I have used during this module are digital printing, experimenting with different packaging’s, trail and error to see which works and looks best in my designs. I wanted to include screen printing in my methods of production but found that it wasn’t practical for my product, I also ran out of time when it came to it, therefore should have sorted my screens out beforehand.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The strengths which I have gained are using a different method of binding during the design process, also I found that I can move out of my comfort zones when it comes to design work as long as it is appropriate to design in that way.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I found that one of my weaknesses throughout this module was my management of time, although I blogged the sessions as and kept up to date with my lecture notes, I found that I left the production of my publication a little bit too late, I underestimated how much time it would take me to make.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
Next time I will plan and organised my time better and more efficiently.
I will also experiment with different methods of production, such as screen printing
I will try and experiment with different methods of binding, as although I used something different to what I would usually use, I didn’t look into any others as mine seemed appropriate.
Next time I will be more careful when printing as I had to reprint things many times due to mistake in printing and my error when measuring things.
I will also find different ways to print on coloured paper, as I think my publication would have worked a lot better if I had of printed directly onto the paper instead of cutting and sticking images.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




x
Punctuality




x
Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group




x
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment