- Script fonts are designed for headers, therefore making them bigger, you would have to use less words to stop them from making more lines.
- Making the type into one line makes the words as a sentence more legible, could push to two lines but more than that doesn't work.
- When working with type you have to print out and look from a distance, not just at your screen - can see the characteristics, legibility, readability, this is because it all changes, will work differently on a screen.
- Roman fonts are designed for body copy, and work really well smaller.
- Block fonts work better larger, to be seen from a distance.
Type as Image;
- You can manipulate type to add to the visual.
- It is possible to make typefaces out of anything, and they can all work in different ways.
- Branding and identity - brands a lot of the time have their own fonts, created particularly for that purpose, this is so that no-one else will have it.
- Looking at the letter form as an image or symbol.