Thursday 10 April 2014

Movie Poster Research

Alternative Poster Research.
Before starting to design my movie poster for 'The Two Jakes' I have decided to look at a website called alternative movie posters, this shows many different posters for different films with various responses.

Source
I really like the effect of using different shapes to create the contours in the face, this is a method I have used before for a different brief. It is some thing I would love to try again, although I would be limited to two colours plus stock, but I could experiment with different opacities. This is something that will influence my design process.

Source
The simplicity of this design in this is what I think makes it so effective.

Source
This movie poster represents the film the great gatsby so well. The black with slight gold shows class, with the old fashioned gates and car, this reflects the film well. This is something I want to achieve with my film poster, a true reflection of the film.

Source
This is the kind of illustration I really enjoy doing, and the colours used in it work really well together, this is the kind of colour palette I am wanting to use for my poster, as I think it will be really appropriate for the two jakes.

Source
This is one of my favourite film posters, the colour blue brings the image to life. The use of the lights on the car being suggestive towards the women is really clever, and is something that reminds me of the film itself. This is a direction I wold like to go in, although for this poster I don't thin it would be very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment