Friday 9 May 2014

Ticket Research

Tickets.
As I am creating an exhibition I am looking to make tickets for my exhibition. At first I started to think about creating something that someone can keep forever. But then I started to think about what would be relevant for my exhibition. As I am creating awareness for endangered animals, and trying to raise money at the event, I don't think I should be using anything too complex as it would be wasting resources, which is a message I don't want to send out.
Source
I like the idea of having the tickets just black, this would save money if I were printing commercially, which would mean I would save more money for the endangered animals. I always really like the designs and the aesthetic of these tickets, they will relate to both children and adults alike.

Source
These tickets are for a wedding, but I find them very appealing. Keeping the design simple will make the production of the tickets more viable, again black on stock looks good, especially the off white stock.

Source
My exhibition have wristbands that either come with the ticket, or you get it when you get there after you have handed your ticket in. I started to look into tickets that include a wristband. This could be an effective way of giving the viewers both the ticket and the wristband, this is something I will bare in mind when designing my tickets.

Source
I think making the tickets interactive with the audience is a really good idea. This would be a good way to interact with the audience on a budget and not wasting too many resources. Having a simple and standard ticket structure with an animal face on the front, it will also show what will be available in the exhibition.

Source
These are really well designed tickets, they have a foil finish to them which makes me think that they would be quite expensive to produce. Although I do think that they work really well, and these would be the type of ticket I would want to keep.
Source
These are a more informal tickets. I wouldn't be able to produce something like this as it would be inappropriate for my subject and my target audience. Although I could offer some sort of food at the exhibition, or have a bun sale with a donation box.

Source
These are tickets for a zoo, that include animals, which is why I noticed these. I also like the vector illustrations used on the tickets which are why they are so aesthetically pleasing.

Source
This would be another good way to interact with the audience, have some sort of raffle ticket attached to the actual ticket, then everyone would go into a raffle and the prize could be something to do with getting a free t-shirt or calender, or it could maybe be an option to have the money raised donated in your name.

When designing my tickets I need to bare in mind my target audience and how the tickets will appeal to them. I also need to consider using methods that suit my subject. For example I shouldn't use foiled tickets with lots of detail and look amazing when I am designing for raising awareness and money for endangered animals, as it wouldn't be appropriate, no matter how good it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment