When I started looking into this brief, I first thought about what 10,000 steps were, and what impact they had on the world. I found many different websites about how people are trying to promote walking 10,000 steps everyday, and how it leads to a healthier lifestyle.
This website was very useful as it gave me lots of facts about why walking is good for you, what walking 10,000 steps does for your health. It has informed me on why people should walk 10,000 steps or try to, this means that I will be informed in this brief.Here are some ideas for how to get more active and walk more;
Take a walk with your spouse, child, or friend Walk the dog Use the stairs instead of the elevator Park farther from the store Better yet, walk to the store Get up to change the channel Window shop Plan a walking meeting Walk over to visit a neighbor Get outside to walk around the garden or do a little weeding
When looking for names for our brand I thought that I would go onto a thesaurus to find some words which would link to walking and exercise, I used this website. http://thesaurus.com/browse/speed?s=t
rate of motion, often a high rate
|Synonyms:||acceleration, activity, agility, alacrity, breeze, briskness, celerity, clip, dispatch, eagerness, expedition, fleetness, gait, haste, headway, hurry, hustle, legerity, lick, liveliness, momentum, pace, precipitancy, precipitation, promptitude, promptness, quickness, rapidity, rapidness, readiness, rush, rustle, snap, steam, swiftness, urgency, velocity|
|Notes:||speed is the distance an object travels during a unit of time; velocity is the distance an object travels in a specified direction during a unit of time|
|Definition:||brief travel on foot|
|Synonyms:||airing, carriage, circuit, constitutional, gait, hike, jaunt, march, pace, parade, perambulation, peregrination, promenade, ramble, saunter, schlepp, step, stretch, stride, stroll, tour, traipse, tramp, tread, turn|
|Definition:||move along on foot|
|Synonyms:||advance, amble, ambulate, canter, escort, exercise, file, foot, go, go on foot, hike, hit the road, hoof it, knock about, lead, leg*, locomote, lumber, march, meander, pace, pad, parade, patrol, perambulate, plod, prance, promenade, race, roam, rove, run, saunter, scuff, shamble, shuffle, slog, stalk, step, stride, stroll, strut, stump, take a walk, toddle, tour, traipse, tramp, travel on foot, traverse, tread, trek, troop, trudge, wander, wend one's way|
|Synonyms:||act, action, activity, calisthenics, constitutional, daily dozen, discharge, discipline, drill, drilling, examination, exercising, exertion, gym, labor, lesson, movement, occupation, operation, performance, problem, pursuit, recitation, schoolwork, study, task, test, theme, toil, training, warm-up, workout|
|Definition:||do repeatedly, especially to improve|
|Synonyms:||break, break in, condition, cultivate, develop, discipline, drill, dry run, exert, fix, foster, groom, habituate, hone, improve, inure, labor, lick into shape, limber up, loosen up, maneuver, ply, practice, prepare, pump iron, put out, put through grind, put through mill, rehearse, run through, set, strain, teach, train, tune up, walk through, warm up, work, work out|
We changed our original idea to do a kit, as it wasn't very doable, so we decided to make a publication based on motivational quotes trying to get people to walk more and do more excise.
Motivational quotes and posters;
I am doing the packaging for the kit, therefore I started looking for information about getting blisters, and why water is good for you when exercising, or just drinking water in general.
The amount of water you consume is extremely important to ones health. Here are the top 10 benefits of drinking water:
1. Weight LossDrinking water helps you lose weight better then anything else in the world. Water flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water can also reduce hunger and acts as an appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Water has also has zero calories.
2. Have Healthier Skin and Look YoungerWhen your skin is properly hydrated you will always look younger. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increase the elasticity in your skin.
3. Natural Remedy for Headaches and MigrainesWater helps relieve headaches and back pains. These are sometimes caused by dehydration and replenishing your body with water can help. Although there are many other reasons contribute to headaches and migraines, dehydration is the common one.
4. Better ProductivityYour brain consists of 90% water so drinking more can improve your productivity at work and in doing other tasks. It helps you think better, be more alert, and helps make you concentrate a lot better.
5. Better Exercise
Drinking water regulates your body temperature throughout the day. You will feel a lot more energy when performing exercises and water also helps to fuel your muscles.
6. Helps in Digestion and ConstipationDrinking water boosts your metabolism because it helps your digestive system work properly. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
7. Less Cramps, Sprains, and Injuries
Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
8. Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel HealthyDrinking plenty of water helps fight ailments like the flu, kidney stones, and heart attack. Water mixed with lemon is used primarily for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. Drinking water also improves our immune system.
9. Relieves Fatigue
Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products that the body doesn’t need. If your body lacks of water your heart will need to work a lot harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells. Same goes for the rest of your vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
10. It Puts You in A Good Mood
Water makes your body feel good and gives you more energy. Your body will communicate with your brain and tell it that it’s happy.
This website will be very useful and will influence my design greatly, it will help me to find information and quotes to use on my water bottle. It will help me to cause impact about how drinking water is really good for you, in really simple minimal words. I need this to be simple as it is the way that the whole publication has been designed, therefore I need to be consistent with my group.
As I am doing the packaging for some things that could go in a walking kit with our brand all over it, I thought about looking at creative packaging for different things.
I found that although I want to try to produce some packaging to be creative, it wouldn't go with the publication very well, therefore I need to keep the packaging design as simple as possible so that it is consistent with the rest of the work that my group has done.